Wednesday, 7 October 2009

Prussian Line

I've finally gotten around to finishing the Calpe Prussians that I featured here a couple of months ago and this is the end result. Not the best of photos but they give a general idea. I found them particularly easy to paint even though it took me a long time to finally finish them. I haven't come across any other 28mm figures which in my opinion are anything like as good as the Calpe range. If you haven't already done so take a look at the new Saxon figures on the website.
The flag as always is from GMB though if it's the correct one for the unit I'll be amazed. I just picked out one that looked good.
Actually they're not completely finished yet as I'm awaiting the arrival of some grass tufts to finish off the bases. I saw them on Chris's blog and liked the idea. So maybe once that's done I'll get Neil or Nick to take a good picture and post that as well.

9 comments:

JAM said...

No question about it, Calpe are he nicest figures to paint out there. Very nice job.

John

christot said...

Very Handsome...I am inspired! I've got 4 btns of Calpe Prussians sitting about that I've been meaning to do for ages. Now that I am released from my painting indenture (your Wurtemburgers!) I can do them. I was toying with doing a red faced regt...this has convinced me.

BFG said...

Mate, they look great, a really nice paint job....outstanding.
My Calpe Landwehr will really look like.....err Landwehr next to these!
Keep them coming!

Noel said...

Thanks for the thumbs up fellas. I still need to finish off the basing and then I'll probably be starting another battalion and though they are nice to paint it's still a daunting prospect.

Matt said...

Superb looking figures and yes, I also have absolutely no idea what flag goes with what unit!

matt

Stryker said...

Beautifully turned out unit there Noel - I think you showed me one of these guys on the day I came over. They are fabulous figures. Nice basing too...

Ian

parisitiger said...

Very Impressed Mr Bilson. I am gonna get some Saxon Samples !!!!!

Keep well

Neil

paulalba said...

Hello, Hope you don't mind me posting a comment as I am a stranger to you? Really nice looking figures, Very inspiring.
Cheers
Paul

Noel said...

Hi Paul, feel free to comment any time. Glad you liked the figures.

Noel.