Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Westphalians

I went out and bought a new camera today and gave it a try out on the new Westphalian division. As you can tell I probably need to spend a bit more time with it to find out the best settings but there seems to be an improvement already. There are six battalions of these brave lads and I'm really pleased with the paint job that Neil Sheardown has done. I think the purist might point out that they should all have dark blue facings with this uniform as apparently that was the case by 1810 but we decided to go for the earlier facing colours which look much nicer. At the front you can see that Neils' painted the twelve skirmishers in the green light infantry uniform. Directly behind them are the Guard Grenadier in their Bearskins. Here's another shot of the Guard Grenadier, looking very imposing. Like the Gluchkov Cuirassier these boys haven't seen any action yet but that will be remedied shortly. I'll have to spend some more time with the camera and come up with some more pics but just looking at these has got me thinking that they should be joined by a foot battery and some light cavalry. In fact if I remember correctly the Westphalians had two cuirasier regiments as well, but that might be going too far.....

3 comments:

Jeff said...

In fact if I remember correctly the Westphalians had two cuirasier regiments as well, but that might be going too far.....

Indubitably!

Very nice...droool... and the photography is coming on a treat

christot said...

Were those Westphalians taken with flash?
I just went out and bought a little tripod, (£17.00- Currys), makes everything much easier, it also means you don't have to use flash- I find natural or constant lighting makes for a much better pic than flash which makes the colours a bit strange

Noel said...

I did use a flash as the garage hasn't got the best natural light, but I'll give the artificial lighting a go this evening. I think gloss varnish also causes some of the problems. I meant to pick up one of those tripods, they're a Godsend.