Sunday, 22 March 2009

A Few Random Shots

I received a favourable reception to the last series of photos so I thought I'd milk the compliments and post a few more. This first one is a general view across the battlefield, sorry about all the detritus but it is a game in progress. In the foreground is the Allied left where the Russians are contesting the walled enclosure. In the centre the French push against the Prussians is largely hidden by woods and in the distance if you're very lucky you can see the Austrian national marching team about to crest the hill at the far end of the table. Wave everyone.
Next is a shot of a French cavalry division racing forward to support the attack in the centre. They should arrive shortly at the scene of the action and in true Napoleonic style complete the rout of the Allied centre. In fairness the French players have done well to resist the temptation of getting these guys embroiled in the fighting earlier. They're now in an excellent position to mop up the Prussian cavalry and pursue the Allies should they break.
Same cavalry different angle, all of these figures were painted by Justin Davey who also painted the horse battery which is just in shot on the right. Justin has also painted several battalions, most notably some very nice Poles along with most of the Russian command bases.

3 comments:

Stryker said...

Hi - Once again I am amazed and impressed (and slightly green with envy) at the scale and spectacle of your games!

Ian

PS - do you guys ever let visitors in to the garage?

Noel said...

Hi Ian, glad you like the games. I'm more than happy to have visitors. Perhaps we can arrange something?

Stryker said...

Hi Noel - I would be very interested to come along sometime. I can't find an email address for you so perhaps you could mail me (I have the email enabled on my profile)?

Ian