Thursday, 2 October 2008

Spotlight on...

It's been rather quiet of late on the blogging front, so never one to miss an opportunity I thought I'd post some pictures which concentrate on one particular painter. Here's a lovely French battalion by Neil Sheardown, I'm constantly surprised at how Neil manages to maintain such a high Standard of painting and still be as prolific as he is. Neil has made the largest contribution by far to garages' ever growing stock of soldiers and is currently painting four Westfalian battalions and a Regiment of Russian Cuirassier. Which rather neatly leads me on to the next picture, not mine sadly but a unit painted by Neil for the WHC.
I also took delivery of two battalions of Prussians, a Westfalian battalion and a six gun Russian foot battery from Neil in September and we're now trying to decide what the next project should be. Bavarians? Neapolitans? Saxons? Answers on a postcard or feel free to add a comment on the blog.

7 comments:

Ged Elliott said...

Might I suggest Bavarians. I do so until you have enough French as the allies can always double up. Saxons are good because of the range with the cavalry included. Neopolitans are difficult to find good uniform information, althought the yellow appeals to some.
What about a couple of Swiss Btns with red coats or the ubiquitous Neuchatel Btn (now brigade sized including a full artillery battery at the centre).
Wurzburg also has a French structure and can be used o either side depending on the year. Just a couple of thoughts.

Noel said...

Cheers for the suggestions, I've got Swiss coming but as for the others I'd probably go for Saxons as the cavalry makes them so attractive.

christot said...

Do you still want these wurtemburgers?...Shall I go ahead and order some?...need to know which figs you want march attack, high porte etc- personally I'd go for a mix

BFG said...

where are the Wurttemburgers then??????

Noel said...

The Wurtemburgers aren't painted yet, but there'll be four battalions when they're done.

BFG said...

Can't wait! By the way I like the look of the Russian Cuirassier regiment, quite impressive and they really hurt on the charge I seem to remember!

BFG said...

Still not Sober!