Saturday, 18 October 2008

A Fleeting Visit

I'm back from Bristol for the weekend, and as there is no wargaming going on in the garage at the moment I've decided to post a few random pics of some of it's inmates. This first one is a couple of units that I was lucky enough to win on ebay a little while ago. To be honest the photograph doesn't do them justice. The reserve battalion was painted by Chris Leason and the Jaeger it's believed were painted by David Imrie. They arrived along with a regular battalion and some very nice Landwehr Uhlans which I'll try to feature at a later date.
Next in line is a French command stand painted by Julian Waites using Perry figures. Supported by some of Justin Daveys' French infantry which are all Elite Miniatures. Julian used a white undercoat and built up the shading using inks to achieve this effect, though he's recently been experimenting using a black undercoat and might one day even let us in on how it's done by writing his long awaited painting guide. Only time will tell.
Lastly some of my own work, a French foot battery once again using Elite figures. As you can see I haven't got the colour of the gun carriages right, so if you have any advice or tips on which ones are the best to use I'd appreciate it. I think they should be a more olive green colour.
I'm off to Bristol again tomorrow evening to have my head filled with all sorts of nonsense, but I'll try to get another post in next weekend.

9 comments:

Rojas Roberto Dario said...

hola soy dario desde argentina, tucuman. me parese fantastico lo que realizan, las maquetas estan muy muy buenas y realmente se ve que esta todo hecho muy cuidadosamnte con muchos detalles. algo fantastico. saludos y los invito a mi blog si desean. www.chargentino.blogspot.com saludos.

Noel said...

Anyone speak Spanish?

christot said...

Well, Rojas Roberto Dario does.

Noel said...

I suspect that this is the bloggers equivalent of spam mail.

christot said...

Chris Leason painted some of those?.
Cheeky Fecker disappeared with a ton of connoisseur stuff of mine about 10 years ago- about 4 battalions of infantry and a couple of dragoon regts..never saw him again..if you see him, give him a slap from me

Noel said...

The guy I bought them from said they were by Chris Leason. Is he a pro painter? I'll make sure I don't send him anything to paint.

BFG said...

I got something in the translation like this.....hello I am dario from Argentinean, Tucuman. fantastic me parese what they realise, the scale models estan very very good and it really sees that this all done very cuidadosamnte with many details. something fantastic. greetings and I invite blog if they wish. www.chargentino.blogspot.com greetings.

Not sure it helps, but you get the gist!

BFG said...

Oh, and I can't see anything wrong with the gun carriage colour Noel.

This is getting better and better mate.

Truegrit said...

I would love to make my first post on your fantastic blog but I have quite clearly failed Basic Blogging... I must have skipped Blooger and moved swiftly onto Word Press and DassBlog...

I have just spent 20 minutes trying to work out how to make a post and failed...

DOH!