Friday, 5 September 2008

Welcome

As the title says, welcome to my blog. If you were looking for a blog about garages then I'm afraid you'll be disappointed. However if it's wargaming you like then hopefully this is the place you might wish to visit every now and again.
I'd better start by introducing myself, I'm a 49 (soon to be 50) year old railway technician who has had a passion for wargaming since boyhood. However, until two years ago I'd hardly painted a figure, never had an army of my own and relied mainly on a weekly game at my friend Dom's place, interspersed with regular visits to the ever inspirational Wargames Holiday Centre in Scarborough to get my fix.
All of this changed when I decided to convert my garage into a wargames room and started to seriously paint and collect 28mm Napoleonics.
It's not always been easy and certainly hasn't been cheap but with the help of lots of mates the garage is now up and running as a functioning wargaming room and continues to develop.
I'm off now to see if I can work out how to post pictures so that you can get an idea of what I'm talking about.

1 comment:

Larry said...

You're my inspiration!!!