Friday, 5 September 2008

The Game


The French attack the Prussian left flank. Actually an unlikely mix of French allies, Saxe-Cobourgs, a battalion of Isembourgs and an Italian battalion in the foreground. For the purists our battles may be something of a disappointment as we don't really care too much about the historical or chronological niceties of wargaming. I have no problems using Russians wearing the 1812 uniform alongside French wearing pre-empire uniforms. I don't really understand the desire to recreate specific divisions or corps from a given period. Though I can see the requirement for formations in historical battles to follow the original orbat I'm not going to worry if I don't have a certain line battalion for a certain corps. Basically any other line battalion will do.
The rules we use are "In The Grand Manner", not everyones cup of tea but easy to use and suitable for the large scale games we want to play.

5 comments:

OWCriminal said...

Well done Mr Bilson, the whole thng looks awe inspiring...did you take encouragement from any other garage gamers?

Table looks great, lovely figures and above all the French about to Tonk the pesky Prusskies!

OWCriminal said...

Oh and by the way.....what on Earth were you doing posting this at 06:13 this morning?

Noel said...

I was taught by some of the best in the game, as for the 06:13 thing, I haven't got the faintest what timezone this blog is on but it certainly isn't the one we use in Devon.

Elida (of GC) said...

I think he's spending to much time on Wargames and not working hard enough - especially at his age. If at any stage you wish to persue these please let me know and we will all find a suitable home for the georgous figures and the warped table.....

Larry said...

Well said!!

I feel the exact same way you do about organization and mini use.